If there is something has completely changed my life, this is the green juice. Yeah! a yummy green juice! an elixir of life 😉
First time I tried it was in 2013, when I was getting into healthy food, natural energy drinks and body care. Since then I started making and drinking green juice almost every single morning.
I must admit that a the beginning, there were some ugly versions! so I decided to keep trying ’cause I could feel better since I started having this for breakfast:
- I felt absolutely satisfied and energized after having it
- It was easy to carry wherever I went (I even kept 1 jar in my office for low hours)
- I was finally having fruits and raw veggies on a daily basis
- It improved my stomach’s operation and digestion (women you would forget about constipation!)
- It inspired me to have more healthy food ’cause after having this juice for years, I can tell you how heavy it is for me to have a sandwich for breakfast or how sleepy I could feel after that, if then I’m going to work. *Don’t misunderstand me, I do have sandwiches, rice & beans, eggs, even soup for breakfast, but not all the time. Mostly when I’m more in a chill-out mood.
Thus, I made it several times! and now more than ever, ’cause I’ve being living in places where I can easily get fresh and organic ingredients.
Ingredients for approx. 1 lt.:
- 2 recular cups of spinach and/or kale
- 5 sweet bananas
- 1 regular cup of a sweet, seasonal and local fruit (my favorites are: pear, pineapple, mangoes)
- 1/4 spoon of ginger
- Some celery leaves
- 1/2 cucumber (freshness)
- 1 spoon of lemon or orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- *If bananas are not that sweet, you could add honey / cane sugar.
- *Optional: moringa.
Step by step:
- Firstly, wash the leafy greens with water and peal the fruits you are going to use.
- Put into the blender all the ingredients (green leaves, fruits, citric juice, ginger and water)
- Blend all the ingredients to form a smooth, well mixed, sweet and green juice.
- *Try it, maybe you want it sweeter! so you could try adding a natural sugar or more bananas! (with bananas it would be more creamy)
- Add ice (check your blender first) or freeze the bananas in advanced so you would not need to wait to drink it cold. Or after mixing all the ingredients, put the juice in the fridge.
- Serve it cold, say “cheers!” and enjoy this elixir 🙂
To be honest, I think this green juice was also the secret of that business time! Because, I was literally running! having a stressful life.
At the end, this took me more into natural food, body work out, meditation, etc. You know! taking care of myself.
Recordando pequeños detalles que de verdad, hacen grandes cambios.
San José, Costa Rica. February 16th 2020